Monday, January 2, 2012

Some of my favorite things from 2011

Next week on Monday there will be a Muffin tin Monday post!  I'm so excited to get back to doing muffin tin Monday and sharing our lunch creations.  But for today I thought I'd share a few of my favorite things from 2011.  I meant to do it on New Year's Eve but well life is busy and I didn't have the time that day.

So let's get to it then.

1 - Watching Princess girl growing into a toddler has been one of my favorite things as of late.  She is so fantastically sweet and dramatic and boy is she smart.  She can con anyone who doesn't know her little looks well.  She's just amazing and it's really fun to watch her develop into her own little personality.

2 - My dad's visit back in July.  It was so great to see him and my step-mom and baby sis.  I really enjoyed the camping even though it was mostly a fiasco.  Isn't that truly what great memories are made of?  Bad situations you can laugh at later?

3 - Finding curriculum that both Kayd and I like and do well with.  I worried that I would forever be wishy washy but I researched the heck out of it and I really thought out the years to come too (because as long as it works well for the next kid they'll just pass curriculum down) and the learning styles of our other children also.  We settled on some great things that I feel confident in using.

4 - moving our school stuff upstairs and our master bedroom downstairs.  I LOVE having my bedroom downstairs and I LOVE that most of the toy mess is contained upstairs.  I also love that it allowed me to separate out Kayd and the younger two for schooling as they were a distraction to Kayd and that Sierra can be safely gated into her bedroom while I work with her brothers and still be in sight and hearing at all times.

5 - I've loved living through this 7th year of marriage with my husband.  We celebrate 7yrs in two weeks and it's so exciting.  I love him just as much or more than I did at the start and even though we are very different people in a very different place I'm blessed that we both consciously make an effort to stay connected and deepen our marriage rather than grow apart as can so easily be done.

6 - I love that I've found more of a balance with the housekeeping and the child rearing.  I LOVE being a mommy and being able to relax some and embrace it more has been such a blessing this year.

I'll leave it at that.  I'm thankful for a wonderful year of growth in many personal areas of life.  I'm thankful for this blog - a place where I can speak my mind and share my trials and triumphs.  I hope we all have a fantastic new year now in 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment