Friday, March 25, 2011

A few favorite things

A few of my favorite things on the internet this week.

1. $100.00 Holiday - I read about this idea on a blog earlier this week and it just reached out and grabbed a hold of me.  I read about it here at The Saved Quarter.  You can read about her success with this idea last year here at The Saved Quarter $100.00 holiday 2010.  I'm so excited to give this a try for this years holiday season.  I'm keeping my eyes open for good deals at groupon and living social and also entering any giveaway I come across.

2. Swagbucks.  Swagbucks is a free search engine that allows you to earn swagbucks for random searches and in several other ways.  They have tons of great prizes that you can redeem your swagbucks for and it is completely free.  Sign up today following the link if you haven't already!  I've been averaging one 5.00 amazon gift card a month on swagbucks which totals out to a free 60.00 a year!  Totally worth it. 

3. This post at one of my favorite blogs.  Very encouraging for me and posted at just the right time.  This was something I really needed to hear this week.  I can also personally vouch for her letter of the week printables.  We LOVE them.  The monkeys have a blast taking turns with the different activities.

A few favorite things in real life this week:

Squirrel monkey today while watching a dvd about airplanes says "hang gliding is so easy!" Like he has any real idea about hang gliding.  He cracks me up.  He thinks he is the authority on everything.

Spider monkey this morning just randomly decided to eat a little packet of bbq sauce leftover from a trip to McDonalds a couple of weeks ago.  Yummy he says.  I also love the way he says "going going mommy?" when he wants to know where we're going.

Howler monkey is so laid back that I cannot get him to commit to a particular theme for his gifts or cake for his upcoming May birthday!  I know that no matter what I end up doing for him he will love and appreciate and that's great but sometimes I wish he had specific desires like Squirrel to make it easier for me.  I hate making decisions.

My favorite kid story from the week:

Squirrel and Howler were playing with these.  The bellies open up and a sleeping bag pulls out.  The sleeping bags are completely detached from ours.

I hear them talking back and forth about the babies, having babies etc.

Next thing I know Howler is running through the living room in a circle with his giant dog and tells me that she's having babies and they're going to the hospital.  Back into the playroom he zooms.

Next thing I hear is Howler rejoicing to Princess that the babies were born!  He was just so happy and clapping his hands.  I was hysterical.

Squirrel had baby bears.

All around successful, all natural (as natural as a pillow animal can get I suppose) deliveries and healthy babies.

What are your favorite things this week?  Favorite kid stories?

No comments:

Post a Comment