Sunday, August 14, 2011

Preview of the coming week

It's the night before the first day of school here in our home and mama's got the jitters.  Of course that also means that the teacher has the jitters.  I'm super excited to start school tomorrow and can't wait to see how things go.  I will spend the next hour or two finishing up getting ready for the week.  This week I've decided to focus on getting into a routine with Squirrel and his first grade curriculum before setting in to get Howler started on his official K-4 stuff.  I'm a little nervous about teaching 1st grade and I'm a little nervous about teaching Howler to read.  I'm not at all nervous and couldn't be more excited about starting our Five in a Row adventures this week with Mike Mulligan and his steam shovel!

So coming up this week on the blog:
Monday - Muffin Tins are returning tomorrow with a special back to school muffin tin breakfast!
Tuesday - School pictures!  (Done by me of course, lol)
Friday - I plan to join back up with the Homeschooling Mother's journal blog hop


Oh and we went yard sale shopping this weekend!  We had a blast.  The kids scored some hot wheels cars (like they needed more, lol) from the early/mid 1990's!  KOJ was super pleased to score a Discovery Toys marble works set complete in almost brand new condition, he and the boys have played almost non stop with it for the past two days.  I'll be hearing the marbles rolling in my sleep!  I scored some great Eric Carle and Richard Scary books at great prices.  I also scored some furniture - shelves - to replace the futon we have sitting in the entrance to our home.  As soon as I get the futon gone and the shelves in place I'll be posting about it, I promise, because I cannot wait to share!

So make sure you come back tomorrow and check out our muffin tins!

No comments:

Post a Comment