Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Today I baked bread

It's true.  We're out of bread.  I've been meaning to try my hand at a simple recipe an online friend shared but I haven't gotten around to it.  I had everything on hand, bought the bread flour a couple of weeks ago but never "had the time".  Well I'm learning that I don't ever have the time, I just have to take the time.  Not just for bread making but for other things too.  So I started with the kitchen aid mixer that I love and adore and don't remotely regret purchasing.

I didn't think to take pictures of the actual progress so here's a pic of the empty mixer bowl:


Once I did the initial mixing I took the ball of dough out on the counter here:



and I kneaded it a little more until it was still sticky but not too sticky.  Then I oiled this bowl here where I plopped the ball of dough to rise:


Then I punched it down and split it between these three bread pans like so:



Then I let it rise so it was an inch above the glass as the instructions said.  And then I popped it into the oven.  It baked for about 25min and I pulled it out and moved it around a little bit to make sure they cooked as evenly as possible (our oven is super old, lol).  I pulled them out and brushed melted butter on the top (per the instructions) to keep the top from becoming rock hard as it cooled.  See how amazing it looks?


Mmmm, yummy!

And for those of you who may ask I used this recipe from allrecipes.com to make this bread.  I'll let you know how it tastes later after it's cooled.

And in other unrelated yet startling news my daughter just walked several steps across a room.  See what I miss when I'm blogging people?

No comments:

Post a Comment