Thursday, May 19, 2011

$100.00 holiday more thoughts and updates

Yes I know it's mid-May, NO I'm not in a hurry for the holidays, but if I plan well and shop now we will have a fantastic and blessed holiday with $100.00 as the title suggests.


When I first read about it on the blog The Saved Quarter I thought it was a marvelous idea but wasn't sure I had it in me because I ADORE black Friday shopping.  Yeah, I'm nuts, I know.  Last year Walmart's big sales started at 12 midnight and I was in the store with my mom at about 11pm.  We got home at about 10:30/11am.  At the time my precious girl was sleeping through the night so she has not experienced her first black Friday yet.  On the one hand I liked not having to miss the big openings of the sales we wanted to go to because they all started at different times but on the other hand it made for a very long night.  My husband, love the KOJ!, came up with a brilliant plan.  I could save my own personal blow money the couple of months before Black Friday so that I could still go black Friday shopping and have a bit to spend.  LOVE it.  So that's my plan for Black Friday.  Having that in place I have embarked on the 100.00 holiday.  I'm not posting specifics because I know some of my relatives read the blog and it's far too early in the year to ruin their Christmas surprises but I'll post generalities.


I buy for:
Squirrel:
Something to read:
Something to wear: I spy quilt - I'm making these, already have most of the supplies and they are more than half done.
Something you need:
Something to share: doll and people house - this will be a group gift.  I hope to find a used bookshelf at a yard sale this summer and decorate it with different colors of paint and wall paper samples to look like different rooms in a house.  The boys love to play with the little people toys we have so this will be great for them and Princess will grow into it over time.
santa: All about Dvd 2.00

Howler:

Something to read:
Something to wear: I spy quilt
Something you need:
Something to share: doll and people house
Santa: All About dvd 2.00

Spider:

Something to read:
Something to wear: I spy quilt
Something you need:
Something to share: doll and people house
Santa:

Princess
Something to read:
Something to wear: a dress and matching bow - I will make the dress, might try my hand at the bow too.
Something you need:
Something to share: doll and people house
Santa:

KOJ: Not a CLUE!  Open to ideas and suggestions.

SIL: groupon deal*

Sis 1 and BIL: Have a plan here

Sis 2 and BIL: Have a plan here

Mom: groupon deal*

Dad and Mom2: groupon deal*

FIL: groupon deal*

*groupon deal 35.00 for 100.00 at a certain website.  Great deal.

100.00
-4.00 (All About dvd's)
-35.00 groupon deal
________
61.00

And I will want to make/have assorted gifts on hand for friends at church and what have you.

Now the rules of the "game" are that I can also use any "income" that I am able to generate that is not part of our normal income.  So far I have earned and saved up 25.00 worth of amazon gift cards through Swagbucks.  I'm also slowly earning change at inboxdollars.com and since I have to have total earnings of at least 30.00 before I can ask for a check to be sent I hope to have earned at least 30.00 through them by the holidays.  At the rate I'm going I should have 55.00 in amazon cards and hopefully the 30.00 from inbox dollars to add to my 100.00 start up amount.

Tune in next month for another update on the holiday progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment