Friday, January 4, 2013

New Year, same old goals

It came to my attention last night that some of my older posts no longer have the pictures I put in them.  I have NO idea why.  If anyone reading has any tips on getting my pictures back please do comment.  Putting pictures in my posts is part of why I don't blog as often as I want because it takes a bit of time to get the pics on here and where I want them etc.

So I didn't really post about New Year's resolutions (I don't think, I haven't reread my most recent posts so I could have and not remembered it) so this is that post.

I'm really bad at follow through.  Especially when I put it out there in a public forum.  But this year I've been bad at follow through and I haven't written it all out yet so I thought maybe just maybe this time the follow through will come with the writing it out and sharing it part.  We'll see I suppose.

New Year's resolutions when I was a young girl were fun and exciting and ever attainable.  I did not at the age of 16 understand why so many adults were more cynical about them.  Now I am thirty and I understand.  Life as a teen is so much more simple than life as a mom to four kids.  My time was MINE back then.  Now it is my children's and my husband's time.  But still I push on.  My kids are getting to ages where they can be more helpful, and also where they can at least go play and occupy themselves and each other while I accomplish the things I want to accomplish.

I want to keep my goals real and attainable.  My goals are things that I feel are important at this time for me, for my family.  They also reflect in part that we are a homeschooling family.

My Goals for 2013:

For me:
1. Be more consistent with one on one time with the kids - actually being present with them a bit each day.
2. Workout more consistently.
3. Daily devotions

For my home:
1. Dishwasher - empty 1st thing in the morning and run EVERY night, full or not.
2. Spend time each day working on an organizing task/cleaning project.
3. Find a routine that works for us and stick to it.

So I'm going to start with this.  One step in the right direction is still an improvement right?  RIGHT! 

Come back tomorrow to see what I have to share for my Sew Saturday post!

No comments:

Post a Comment