Thursday, November 1, 2012

November goals, cleaning, handmade holiday, and a thankful heart

It's a new month.  A month that I think tends to fly by when we're not looking.  Much like October did.  I got a lot accomplished in October and I hope to be able to say the same about November.  This is really just an ideal goal list.  I'm not going to beat myself up if I miss something but I think it will be helpful to review it and update my readers every week to help keep me on track.  I mentioned in a recent post that I've begun using a weekly planner and it has been super helpful to my productivity level.  I will continue to use that this month.

Goals:

Cleaning/decluttering:
1. keep up with regular house work
2. work through the 31 days to clean e-book to deep clean the house for the holidays.
3. get rid of at least three bags of stuff to goodwill.

Handmade holiday - a note on this: we are doing a handmade holiday.  The boys will be getting a big tub of legos from us with a homemade lego building idea book, but only because I found these at goodwill and couldn't pass up the deal, legos are expensive when bought new!  Sierra will be getting a leapfrog toy that I bought on clearance after Christmas last year.  They will get a gift from Santa and their stockings filled.  Everything else from us will be handmade.  We're also doing handmade for our extended family members and really I'm very excited about the whole thing.

1. Finish capes
2. Make Sierra's and Emily's photo block puzzles
3. find a gift for KOJ
4. finish Sierra's quiet book
5. paint peg people for kids
6. finish I spy quilts
7. Finish sibling gifts

I finished our parents and my SIL's gifts today.  Other than the photo block puzzles I've begun all the other projects.  I will also be making pj pants for the boys and nightgowns for Sierra, Emily (my baby sister), and two of my nieces, but I will wait until after I get flannel on black Friday.

Thankfulness

1. have the kids do some projects on thankfulness, including writing/drawing in journals about things they are thankful for.
2. post something I'm thankful for either on FB or here on the blog every day this month.

It's going to be a GOOD month!  I just know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment