Monday, July 23, 2012

Baby girl's birthday

I am so ashamed to admit that my darling baby girl turned 2 years old nine whole days ago and I JUST realized I haven't even blogged about it.  What kind of mom am I???

So this is THAT post.  The Happy 2nd Birthday Princess Sierra Catherine post.

So first I have to share pics from her babyhood and what not so you can "watch her grow" before your very eyes.

The day we brought her home.
3 months old
on her first birthday
another first birthday picture
official 2yr picture
on her 2nd birthday with her new stroller from Grammy.

Now this year for her cake I went simple. We don't do a big party for two but we have a nice family day and invite any local grandparents to have dinner and cake with us. She's VERY into Dora right now.  So I decided to get her some Dora toys for her dollhouse (see below) and put a couple on a basic cake.  I added the pink icing for visual interest, it was the easiest cake I've made in two years.  And that's saying something because I have four children and a husband for whom I do cakes (or an apple pie since I have that sort of husband lol).



We got this dollhouse on sale at Micheal's last year before the Christmas holidays.  It was just plain wood.  I used acrylic paints and mod podged scrapbook paper onto it to make it pretty for her.

Last year she hardly had hair but this year she got a pretty double french braid for her birthday.
 For a fun family activity we took the kids bowling.  It was the first time for all of them and they had a blast.  Sierra couldn't quite get the ball all the way down the lane but KOJ, Grammy, and I took turns helping her and gave her a little extra push.  Funny enough she actually won the game.  By one point/pin whatever you say in bowling.  She won by one.  Kayd came in a close 2nd.


And that was my baby girl's second birthday.  I have no idea how two years have gone by since I had my precious baby girl but I adore every day with her.  I love watching her grow and learn and navigate life.  I love watching her boss her brothers and I love that she sat and pored over an old photo album with me last night.  I just adore that she loves to help around the house - whether it's the dishwasher or the laundry or washing the floor.  And I am completely amused that her giant tantrum this morning was about her desire to take a bath - which of course I let her do once I figured out what she wanted.


No comments:

Post a Comment