Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Muffin Tin Meal: birds nest snack

Yes, I know, it's Wed.  But to be honest this is the first moment all week I've given my poor blog any thought other than "Oh I should snap a pic of that to put on my blog."  What's even more ridiculous is we did this muffin tin activity LAST week so there's really no excuse. hehehe  Last week my younger boys were working with the letter N.  So we made yummy chocolate birds nests.  Great timing too because peeps were on sale for 50% off.  You know me, I love a sale.

Without further ado:
 I gathered the supplies near the microwave.  Melted the chocolate chips in a bowl in the microwave.  I sprayed the pans while they melted.
 Colton used his giant boy muscles to stir in the chow mein noodles.
 Then (and obviously I don't have a picture of this part) we took spoons and spooned the chocolate chow mein mix into our muffin tin cups.
 Then we added little whopper eggs and peeps chicks to our nests.
 They turned out really cute and colorful and the kids loved the project.


So you should totally try this easy and fun snack if you're ever doing a birds or nest unit.  It was a little messy.  You should've seen Sierra, she was pretty well covered in chocolate.  And I may or may not have given her some straight up whoppers and peeps to keep her little hands out of our trays while we worked.  I'll never tell.  I will tell you though that I'm linking this up once again with Muffin tin Mom so go check out all the other great muffin tins this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment