Monday, July 4, 2011

Muffin Tin Monday: Freedom rings

Happy Independence Day!

Today for our muffin tin Monday we did lunch because well I needed time to actually prep these tins today.

White star shaped marshmallows with blueberries and blue tinted cottage cheese for the blue/star portion of the flag.  Mozzarella cheese makes the top stripes, strawberries make the middle stripe, and banana slices and turkey lunch meat makes the bottom stripe.

It was met with great success:

Now I will say that cottage cheese was a last minute add in.  There were supposed to have been two things of blueberries in the fridge but the kids got into them before I got up in the morning over the last few days and there were a small handful left.  So I improvised.  Thankfully my kids love cottage cheese, it is a truly white food so the blue food coloring didn't tinge it green instead, and I had some in the fridge (because it's not something that I have stocked regularly).

As always I'm linking up with Muffin Tin Mom so be sure to click the link and check out all the other great patriotic muffin tins today!  And have a safe and happy holiday!

4 comments:

  1. JDaniel loves cottage cheese. He would love it blue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like your kids really enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lunch looks good! Happy 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Ideas!
    -Megan
    www.withlove-and-affection.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete