I'll be real with you all. As I woke this morning to a cooing Princess my blury eyes and incoherent mind wanted to just roll over and go back to sleep. Mostly because that cooing princess was basically up all night until about 4:45am. And 8:30 was far too early for her to expect me to be ready to rise and shine.
I have found that generally when I don't get enough sleep I'm cranky. I'm just not a good person to be around. I want to whine and stomp my feet and go back to bed for a nap. I don't feel thankful for much of anything. But today I'm turning a corner. I'm going to BE thankful for things even if I don't FEEL it. So today here are ten things I can BE thankful for.
1. The princess - even though she's been waking a lot at night I know this too shall pass and one day I will once again be well rested and wondering how my princess got to be such a big girl.
2. The Monkeys - even though they sometimes make me want to scream and pull out my hair they are so very entertaining and it is such a blessing getting to watch them grow, learn, and play together.
3. The KOJ - even though he gets grumpy from Princess waking us so much at night he pulls it together and goes to work to provide for us and he's an amazing dad to both the princess and the monkeys.
4. My new dishwasher - because we're running out of bowls again and I don't have to stand at the sink and wash them today in my super exhausted state.
5. Oversupply of clothes - because missing a day of laundry won't mean that my kids have to go naked tomorrow.
6. God's grace - because even though I'm cranky and impatient His grace will swoop in and sustain me.
7. Netflix - because on days like today, when brain simply won't function, I can put on educational shows for my kiddos and not feel too guilty about it.
8. our home - this home is just such a blessing to us. Even though we rent it really feels like a home we can be in for a long time.
9. The sun - even though the temps are still colder than I'd like seeing the sun shining certainly helps lift the spirit.
10. My sister - she always has great suggestions - even if most of them won't work for one reason or another. Still the advice and thoughts are appreciated!
And there, that wasn't even hard after all. It's all in the attitude most days. Today I choose to have a thankful attitude (can someone please remind me of this come 5pm when I'm trying to cook with four kids underfoot?)
What are you thankful for today?